Category: NM Mountain Property
New Mexico Outdoor News
by New Mexico Outdoor Sports Guide | Mar 17, 2019 | NM Trout Fishing, New Mexico Videos, NM Camping, NM Hiking, NM Kayaking, NM Mountain Property, NM Off-Road, NM Skiing, NM Snowboarding, NM Whitewater Rafting | 0 |
New Mexico has long been known as The Land of Enchantment, so it’s only fitting that this...Read More
The Santa Fe National Forest announced is was going to a full closure beginning Thursday, restricting all access to trails and campgrounds except those in the Coyote Ranger District and northern part of the Cuba Ranger District, which will remain under Stage 2 fire restrictions. The Carson National Forest announced closures for all ranger districts except the Jicarilla. The Lincoln National Forest is closed, and there are partial closures in the Cibola and Gila national forests.
Wednesday, Gov. Susanna Martinez declared a state of emergency regarding fireworks use in New Mexico, urging all New Mexican to refrain from buying, selling or using fireworks during the dry fire season. Fireworks bans already are in place on all state and federal lands and most county and city properties.
State Game Commission land closures and restrictions usually coincide with those imposed by bordering national forest, state and other federal lands. They include:
- Pecos Canyon: All Commission-owned camping and fishing areas, including Monastery Lake and the Bert Clancy, Terrero, Mora and Jamie Koch camping and fishing areas are closed to public entry.
- Ladd S. Gordon Waterfowl Area: The entire area along the Middle Rio Grande bosque composed of Bernardo Waterfowl Area, Belen Waterfowl Area and La Joya Waterfowl Area are closed to public entry.
- Fenton Lake State Park: The park in the Jemez Mountains is closed to public entry.
- William S. Huey Wildlife Area: The area north of Artesia is closed to public entry.
- Rio Chama Wildlife Area: The fishing, camping, hiking and horseback-riding area near Chama is closed to public entry.
- Humphries Wildlife Area: The hiking and horseback-riding area near Chama is closed to public entry.
- Sargent Wildlife Area: The fishing, hiking and horseback-riding area near Chama will be open beginning July 1 under Stage 2 fire restrictions – no campfires, no charcoal fires, no smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, no chainsaws, no internal or external combustion engine with a spark arresting device, no welding, no off-highway vehicles.
- Cimarron Canyon State Park and Colin Neblett Wildlife Area: The state park campgrounds and fishing areas, and all trails in the wildlife area near Eagle Nest are closed to public entry.
- Urraca Wildlife Area: The area north of Questa is closed to public entry.
- Barker Wildlife Area: The area northwest of Cimarron is closed to public entry.
- Red River Fish Hatchery: The campground and parking area are closed.
- Rio de los Pinos Fishing Area: The area northwest of Tres Piedras is closed to public entry.
For more information about fire restrictions and closures on U.S. Forest Service lands and other public and privateRead More
Support Our Site
This is a non-profit, non-tracking website dedicated to sharing our love for New Mexico Fly Fishing! Support this site by donating today! All donations go directly to maintaining this website.
- Rio Grande Gorge County Line Boat Launch Easy Access 08-25-2022By New Mexico Outdoor Sports Guide
- Tyro Mine Slot ATV Trail November 20, 2019By New Mexico Outdoor Sports Guide
- Tyro Mine ATV Trail April 18, 2019By New Mexico Outdoor Sports Guide
- Pot Shard Cave Part 2 of 2 Off RoadingBy Pat
- Pot Shard Cave Part 1 of 2 Off RoadingBy New Mexico Outdoor Sports Guide
- Bass Fishing New Mexico
- Camping New Mexico
- Canoeing New Mexico
- Fly Fishing New Mexico
- New Mexico Hiking
- Hunting New Mexico
- Kayaking New Mexico
- Mountain Biking New Mexico
- Mountain Vacation Rentals
- Native American Art
- NM National Parks
- New Mexico Outdoor Sports Classifieds
- Sporting Goods
- New Mexico Outdoor News
- New Mexico Ski Resorts
- New Mexico State Parks
- New Mexico Whitewater Rafting
- New Mexico Videos
- New Mexico Outdoors Photos
- Rio Grande
- Contact Us
Latest NM Cassified Ads
Santa Fe NM Weather