ANGEL FIRE, NM – (December 12, 2018) – Angel Fire Resort (www.AngelFireResort.com)
located in northern New Mexico, has benefited from an early-season El Nino fueled storm track over the southwest. The storms are leading to some of the best opening day conditions in years. The family-friendly resort kicks off ski season this Friday, December 14, with a 46” of natural snow. The mountain operations team has also been taking advantage of the colder temperatures throughout the past six weeks making snow in anticipation of this year’s opening. With over 155 skiable acres, 9 miles of well-groomed trails, two terrain parks, six chairlifts running, and a six-lane Polar Coaster Tubing Hill all open this Friday, resort officials are celebrating the return of winter.
“This is an incredible start to the season having over 2,000 vertical feet of skiing. We anticipate with the natural storms and continued cold temperatures for our snowmaking, we will be able to announce several more trail openings very soon and look forward to a great season as we march down the road looking forward to that 100% open mark,” explains Andy Whitacre, mountain operations manager, Angel Fire Resort.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ANGEL FIRE RESORT’S OPENING WEEKEND:
- Demo Daze: The first Demo Daze of the season will happen opening weekend December 15-16. This is an opportunity for skiers and boarders to try out the latest gear from some popular lines in the industry, including Chronic Athletics, Hovland Snowskates, Oakley, Pit Viper, Sno-Go, and Nikwax.
- Discounted Opening Day Tickets/Weekend Lodging: To kick off this season the resort is offering a special discounted opening day Adult lift ticket for $59 ifpurchased online before December 13 here:
Teachers (K-12) nationwide can pick up a season pass to the resort for $99 if purchased before December 13. This pays for itself with just two days of skiing. The Teacher Pass increases to $199 starting December 14. Additionally, heavily discounted stay and ski packages are also available over opening weekend. More on the Opening Weekend Deals can be found here: https://www.angelfireresort.com/one-week-until-opening-day/
- Kids 6 and Under and 5 th Graders Ski Free: All season long kids 6 and younger and all 5 th -grade students ski for free. Additionally, seniors ski for just $29.
- Not Just for Skiers: For winter adventure beyond skiing and snowboarding, check out Angel Fire Resort’s tubing hill (the Polar Coaster complete with a 700’ surface lift to take the hiking out of tubing), a traditional sledding hill, snowshoe rentals, indoor pools, and a hot tub. The Village of Angel Fire also offers horse- drawn sleigh rides, ice fishing, snowmobile tours, and dinner rides. Check out
http://www.angelfirenm.com/winter/sleigh-rides/ for reservations and pricing. If Christmas Shopping is more on your mind than skiing, take a stop in at Winter Sports. The ski and clothing company will be offering a heavily discounted Opening Weekend sale on ski and apparel equipment.
- Longer Season Expected: With forecasters predicting winter will gain additional momentum in February and March, Angel Fire Resort has extended its season for an extra week. The resort is planning to keep the ski mountain open through March 24, 2019. The longer season offers season pass holders an additional seven days on the mountain and also ties into many southern states Spring Break calendars.
For more details about Angel Fire trail opening updates, winter rates, and reservations go to www.angelfireresort.com or call 855-923-7387.
Snow updates and 24-hour live webcams can be accessed here: